Are you looking to develop your talents while nurturing community mental health and the arts? We are looking for interns, graduate assistants and photography instructors.
Each year, we offer a 30-week photography program for adults and a 10-week summer photography program for teens. We also support the exhibition and sales of artwork created within our classes on an ongoing basis.
Current job postings
- Training and Workforce Development Coordinator – job description, qualifications, and how to apply (pdf)
- Studio and Class Coordinator – job description, qualifications, and how to apply (pdf)
- AmeriCorps member serving through ComCorps as Arts and Wellness Coordinator – job description, qualifications, and how to apply (pdf)
Internships + Graduate Assistants
These positions, designed with Ohio University, mesh with our current needs and your professional development goals. Positions are paid and competitive. They target classes, exhibitions and/or outreach projects. Internships and Graduate Assistantships are 10-15 hours per week, on average.
Photography Instructors lead classes with direct support from a teaching team that includes peer mentors and volunteers. Instructors collaborate with participating artists in two-hour classes held twice per week. They also mentor individual artists. Instructors develop curricula with our director and support artists in archiving arts learning objectives. Our director and a Hopewell Health Clinical Supervisor guide instructors through weekly meetings and oversee billing and evaluation conducted by the instructor.
How to Apply:
- Send us an email with a copy of your resume and a link to your digital portfolio (if available). Tell us why you want to work with the Athens Photo Project.
- We will contact you to schedule a studio tour and in-person meeting to learn more about our program and consider career opportunities.
- After the initial tour, you can schedule a formal interview. We require a background check within two weeks of orientation. Please note, our 30-week photography class schedule coincides closely with the academic calendar at Ohio University, so there may be a gap in time between acceptance for a position and your start date.